Training Widget

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Finding the Motivation

A good friend recently posted on my wall "I wish I had your motivation for working out." Well my friend, it's not luck, it's focused motivation. Sometimes even I have trouble leaving my warm bed for the dark of night to get to the gym before work. If this is you too, here are 5 things that might get you going:

1. Music - There's nothing like some new upbeat tunes to get you going


2. Reward - Give yourself a goal, like for every pound lost you put $10 into the bank for new clothes (since you'll need 'em after losing weight!)


3. New Program - Buy a new book or look online for something new to try at the gym.


4. Buddy System - Ask a friend or your partner to join you at the gym. It'll be good for them too!


5. Take a Class - A sure fire way to get you excited about something new, plus it gives you accountability to be at the gym at a certain time.

I hope you find YOUR motivation!

1 comment:

  1. would you like to have your articles syndicated on our website, fitness.com? I didn't find any other way to contact you. We could provide a link back to your blog. Please don't publish this comment ... I couldn't find any other way to contact you :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow my daily workouts on Twitter!

Follow my daily workouts on Twitter!
@thegymcoach